Power cut was only the start of my problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: Sitting compatibly then I’ll beguine.
About 2 week ago I had a power cut while I was playing a game on my PC, when the
power came back on my PC kept restarting before Windows XP could load,
I put my HDD in another PC, it would not load XP until I formatted it and reinstalled
XP but it would work as a slave. I put it back in the first PC and had to format and
reinstall again before it would start up. When it finally started up thats when I knew I
had problems, (the PC ran slower than my great-grandmother who died 30 years ago).
Audio would stutter and freeze up, I could not play any game’s because of the same
kind of stutter and freezing, I should have left it like that at least the thing worked.
Yesterday I bought a new Asus A7V8X-X mother board after noticing that one of the
dyodes on my old m/b was bulging at the top, I have put the new M/B in with the old
CPU (AMD Sempron 2600) With 2 old 256mb DDR memory sticks that I had “1
=DDR 333 2.5 the other not shore what but def 256mb but I have tyred with both
together and separate” ( It was not in the board at the time of the power cut.
(Other devices in the PC at time of power cut and in PC now are:-
My 164gig HDD, MX400 128mb TV graphics card, Cmi8738 5.1 Sound card and a
Lite-on DVD R-W) I have all ready replaced the power supply (witch is “model
CWT-300 ATX-X (300W max).
When I finished rebuilding I started my PC went though bios and set it up it started
windows and even played audio and DVD’s perfectly.
When I Started up internet explorer to check for any downloads the PC froze and
refused to move, I had to cold boot. I started up fine a good few time’s but kept
freezing, now it wont boot at all when you switch on I her the boot bleep and then
what I can only describe as A Click but ifs not a bleep, it goes through bios fine and
gets to where win would boot up and say’s No Emulator the System boot failure.
HELP PLEASE WHILE STILL HAVE SOME HAIR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back