Power goes out in my house, computer goes off and won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, the power went off in my house for unknown reasons. When I went to check my computer, it was off and when I tryed to turn it back on, it would not turn on. Now I don't know much about computers, so any ideas on what the problem could be would be really great.

the power supply maybe is damaged. could also be just the fuse for the power supply. you probably need to open the computer and check this first.
can you tell us what the computer actually does now. does it show any reaction when switching it on or is it just quiet and no fan or something moves, no sound, no nothing?

mscrx

Hello, Homepickle, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, the sudden loss of power could affect a few parts of the PC, if you press the power button and nothing at all happens then it is most likely that the power supply has broken.

Follow these instructions and if it turns out that your power supply is broken then that should be all you need to replace.

Suspect a Dead PSU? How to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back