Power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i've had my comp for about 2 months now..... Since day 1 my computer shuts down at random.. sometimes It can go days without problems sometimes every 4 minutes it shuts down..... Im pretty sure it isnt my power supply because my CPU seems to run at a very high usage and my PC goes pretty slow for what I am running. Problems occur when I start loading lots of programs or sometimes when loading CD's.....At 2.4ghz intel p4 proccesor 512 ram 250 gig WD 2500 drive and P4P80 mother board I really dont think I should be having a sluggish computer.... if anyone has any suggestions post here or feel free to mail
me at ike6_9@hotmail.com Thanks.

well....

HI Gamer_kid69 and welcome to techspot

the fisrt thing i would like you to do is when your coputer turns off, turn it back on and check the temps in bios. Is the cpu and case temps are below 60 your safe there.

Does your computer turn off randomly, or when your doing a certion thing ie playing games. Also post the make moddlel and wattage of your powlersupply.

Also if you feel confident working inside your computer you can get a can-of -air and blow all of the dust out, as this can cause it to overheat
but again dont do this if youve never done any work or opeended your computer.

One more thing to add is when you got your computer,what brand is it, or is it built by an oem company ie dell hp gateway , if so you may have a Warintee so opnig the case will viod it,
you should also check if your warrentie is on because you can get a replacement or repair from the company that built it

good luck with your problem

swker98
Please use some punctuation and shorter sentences.
Your post is very hard to read (apart from all the spelling mistakes...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back