TechSpot

Power On Problem

By EndersGame
Apr 23, 2006
  1. ive been having a problem with my new computer recently. every time i turn it on (most of the time anyways) it freezes when i turn it on and the windows icon and the blue thing goes across the screen. It just freezes in the middle of it! the only way i could fix this is to go into safe mode and delete my prefetch but it gets old doing this everytime i turn my computer on. im not even sure if its software or hardware problem im totaly clueless

any ideas?

ty

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

delete your prefetch??? huh???

have you tried running system restore to put your system back the way it was before???

3. EndersGame

EndersGame TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah to the earliest date. is there supposed to be an index in your prefetch? im not sure if i deleted it

anyways i have windows proffesional

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

possible registry corruption. run chkdsk. better yet, run norton 2003 registry repair.

5. EndersGame

2003??? ive tried spydoctor and adaware and registry mechanic they didtn find anything except registry mechanic but they were all restricted

6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I didn't say registry mechanic. I said Norton registry repair.

I also didn't say you had adware.

7. EndersGame

dont have. any place i can dl without it costing or no? and I was just saying what I tried

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.