Power on problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I hit the power button on my PC, it takes about 25 seconds before the system starts powering up. No lights no hard drive noise...nothing for 25 seconds...then everything starts up fine. This is a home built PC with all new components that has been working fine for the past six months. I've checked the BIOS and there is no delay option that might have been set accidently. Could this be a bad switch? I've been looking on the internet for a few weeks and can't find anyone with a similar problem.

My concern is whatever is wrong will eventually totally screw up and the system won't start at all.

Time it about 5 times please. If the times are excact, you can rule out a hardware problem. If times are not excact, its either the power switch, cables are not plugged in right, or its a software problem.

Regards,

Korrupt

I've re-started about 6 times. It's ranging from 11 seconds to 75 seconds. I opened up and checked all of the cabels and re-started again with the same problem. Not sure where to check for a software problem. Here's the configeration:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer NVIDIA
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2411 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F6, 8/22/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Time Zone Hawaiian Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 32,768.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.93 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 5.34 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

have you tried a manual trigger? short the pins that would normaly be connected to your power switch on the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back