Power out during install now can't access windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a major problem with my computer. I was in the process of downloading Roxio Easy CD creator 9 and halfway through the install, the breaker flipped and shut the power off to my computer. I cussed and then restarted my computer and it came to a black screen that said:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert windows install disc and restart
2. Choose language, then click "next"
3. Click "Repair your computer"
If you do not have the disc, contact your administrator.
File: \windows\system32\Drivers\pxHelp20.sys
Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

I've tried everything I can and can't access windows now. I tried inserting the windows install disc and that didn't work, probably because it is a burned copy of vista. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this driver and how I can fix it so I can access windows. Thanks for all replys.

What is "everything"?! Did you try to sacrifice a chicken on a full moon Thursday at the crossroads? How about taking a sledgehammer to the computer?

Now, seriously, did you try booting into safe mode?

Fixed!

Thanks for the replies but I just got it fixed. The windows vista install disc finally worked!!!! I guess I wasn't patient enough for it. I waited for a long time before I could actually repair the problem. But it's up and running now. Thanks for the concern. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back