Power outages

Status
Not open for further replies.

trithumb

Well here we go. Where i live the trees are crazy and they like to mess with the power lines and blow the phase on my road at least 5 times a month. I live in the middle of no wheres so it takes them any wheres from 10-16 hours to get power back to me. Not only is it annoying not to have lights and limited running water. i have no internet. I have 3 laptops that still can be used due to the battery but no net. I want a battery back up that will run my Linksys n router and my comcast motorla surfboard modem. What battery back up would be good to run them for at least 8 hours or so?

Thanks, Matt.

I would connect together three or four automobile batteries, together with a device to control voltages... I t works for us on the Navajo, Hopi, Zuni, Tohono Oodham and Ute homelands.,,, One-time cost, then we recharge when the power is good, using a trickle charger.

Also, have you ever considered a contractor's gasoline electric generator that is used for running power tools and camping gear. They work well, and last a long time... years.

well first of all smart *** im not tryin to have an out door gas generator running inside my home emiting gasses for my family to breathe in. Second your not funny. Maybe you should go to a bar and talk to some drunks who will actually laugh at your jokes

Sorry, but I was dead serious from the way you described the problem, based on where we have similar problems.
Have you asked your local electrical entity about the wires. In most states (assuming the US of A) wires anywhere close to trees or possible wind damage are illegal, and you can formally request the power company fix it.
Perhaps I was not funny because I didn't mean to be, but you were pretty funny. All the guys here at Trico are chuckling.

oops? lol im at work so i read it real quick. Seemed like you were making jokes. Sorry. But yea im in NJ and my father works for the electrical company and ive called him. He works in a different department. Its been 5 years since theyve trimmed the trees and its pretty annoying. Thanks for the pointers with the legality issues. Sorry again for the minor spaz out lol.

I would suggest some type of HONDA generator 2000 or 3000 series. This can be placed outside and an extension cord run inside to power things. This will give you more flexibility should you need to run your fridge, or something else instead of the modem.

We use these at work all the time and they get flat out BEAT UP! However they continue to work flawlessly. Very good quality and reliability.

Absolutely... we even used them to run our computer on the Green and Colorado rivers when we were river rafting... but we only had a very few hours a day when we could reach the satellite for transmission...

The darn things are damnable heavy when you try to back them into Thunder River on the western slopes of North Rim of the Grand Canyon and wheels didn't last any too long... wore out three ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back