Power Reset and Battery Calibration Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISHA8725

OK, it's a Acer Aspire 9300. Someone brought it to me, they thought the battery had died and bought a new one. So I discovered that Acer doesn't really have anyway to calibrate a battery...either know with a new battery you really shouldn't have to. So the situation is that if I take the new battery out, and unplugged the AC Adapter, help the power button for 20 seconds like the acer website says to...plug in the ac power and its fine. I put in the new battery and press power, nothing. Plug in the ac power and it boots up, but...device manager sees the battery, I try to open power management and acer has this thing called eManagement and stuff that's supposed to help with these things and then I get an error message saying index is out of range...I'm at a loss and the acer website to even email their technical support isn't working. any suggestions would be great.

uninstall all acer power management software. just look what the windows will tell you about battery. the battery assembled with bq2085 battery controller. it's quite smart and it will do all work for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back