Power Shortage with Gateway Laptop

By sauyan21
Jul 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I recently was using my Gateway laptop one night. I smelled something burning and disconnected it. I turned it back on and everything worked fine. However, the light on my laptop that indicates if the adapter was plugged in would not come on. When I disconnected the adapter from the computer the green that it is on the adapter itself glows solid green. When I plugged the adapter inot the laptop, the light on the adapter is green but its blinks back and forth. Somehow, my laptop is not reading the adapter or it shorting the adapter out. Does anyone know whats wrong?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

A burning smell from electronics usually means that some component was pushed to its limits and after seeing the light that component decided to alter its form of existence into something like a brown molten lump.

Take that laptop to a repair shop or return it if it is still under warranty.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.