Power supply confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazman526

This is another part of my graphics card issues but Its about the power supply, When I was talking to a tech on tech support he said, that my power supply might not be giving all the power it says, Now I have a OCZ 700 Watt power supply which is more than enough but yet now all of the 450 watts required for the card might not be going to the card, Does anyone know how to diagnose this?

Thanks

What type of graphics card is this? If your card has a PCIE power connector (6 or 8 pin) make sure it is properly connected.

Its a BGF OC GTS 250 graphics card with a Six pin connection, put I tried both of the six pin connectors available on the PSU and the monior dosent come on

Your card has 2 DVI ports right? Have you tried both of them some cards use one of the ports as a default others auto detect the moniter. Unless there is somthing wrong with your PSU (unlikely since it would likely cause other problems) that PSU should be more than sufficient for that card. There is a decent chance that the video card is bad. Modern video cards are verry complex and contain lots of components so failures are relatively common.

So, true, I just got this card back from BFG, so I told them and they said they were gonna swap out and give me another, so I really have my fingers crossed on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back