Power supply fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have had my power supply for around 4 months, but when i use asus probe to monitor temps and fan speed i get these values

cpu temp = 43c/ 109f
mb temp = 41c/105f
cpu fan = 4115
power fan = below threshold
chassis fan = below threshold

i have been having green/purple flickering while playing games recently and i have been told it is most likely a overheating problem, can anyone help me.

I wouldn't worry about the fans being "below threshold", many case fans run at low RPMs to reduce noise. power supply fan speeds often times run faster/slower depending on system temps.

if those temps are accurate then your CPU is not overheating, but it would appear that asus probe does not display your GPU temps. an overheating video card could cause the flickering.

you can remove the side panel from your case and position a small desk/table fan to blow cooler air into the case (especially to your video card). if the flickering stops, then you pretty much know that it's a poor airflow problem in your case. are there any fans in your case that either push or pull air near the video card? and if not, is there a place to add one?

the flickering problem could also be cause by a low quality power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back