Power supply/onboard vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is my problem,

I roughly built my computer 1 1/2 years ago and never had a problem with it until I moved last month. I unhooked all the cords while the comp was off, and then hooked it back up. Now the power supply turns on automatically without me touching the power switch on the front of the computer.

When the power supply turns on the fans turn on and the led light comes on, but that is it. The fans stay running and led stays on but I get no video and I don't hear any beeps that shows that its booting completely.

I have tried different monitors and that has not changed the problem. This is also happening on another computer that I have. Its like there is no signal going to the monitor. I have not bought anything new as of yet, I am thinking of getting an actual vid card and changing out the power supply. Should I invest in a different mobo??

Any help would be appericated. Thanks

It probably wouldn't hurt to eliminate the power supply as the source of the problem first.
I've seen the "lights are on but nobody's home" thing happen the same way, and it was because one of the voltages wasn't present in the PSU. All the fans running will tell you is the 12 volts is present, not the 3.3 or 5 volt lines.

The attempting to start after unplugging (power failure) can be a BIOS configuration setting.

But, as fate and luck will probably go, Tmagic650 is likely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back