Power Supply Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDeFiAnCe

Hi guys.

My old 420watt powersupply that came with my case died on me. (Actually it never worked) So I need to buy a new one. I'm on a really tight budget.

I picked out this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817162017

I wondered if it would work good with my setup:

APEVIA X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
Intel P4 630 3.0 GHZ
Asus P5B-VM 1394
1x Western Digital 120gb HDD
1x 40 gb HDD
5x Case Fans (3 on motherboard, 2 connected to powersupply)
1x DVD Reader
1x 18x Sata DVD DL Burner
512 mb RAM
on board video. (Temp.)

I'd recommend this one.

I'm not sure about Broadway com corp's power supplies; I'm not sure if that's the same company as Broadcom or not, but it doesn't sound like it. I'd stay with a name brand.

Regards :)

Hm its only 430 watts though. Are you sure that will be enough for my setup? I plan on buying a GFX card and 2x1gb RAM soon too

kitty500cat said:
I'd recommend this one.

That only has 19A on the +12V Rail, and that may not be sufficient enough for a power-hungry video card. I could see if it has 2 Rails w/19A, but it only has one.

kitty500cat said:
I'm not sure about Broadway com corp's power supplies

I've never heard of them either, a good brand to stick to would be Thermaltake, or Antec xDeFiAnCe.

xDeFiAnCe[/quote said:
Hm its only 430 watts though

It doesn't really matter the wattage, as much as it matters the amperage on the +12V rail. By no means am I saying that the wattage is not important, becuase it is, and 430 watts should be pretty sufficient for a video card (unless it's a top of the line like an 8800GTX). If you tell us your specs, and what you'll be buying, we can help you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back