Power supply requirement for ECS KM400-M2 motherboard: 350kw or 400 kw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am upgrading my pc using my old ATX case with a new motherboard which is ECS KM400-M2. The cpu is AMD XP 2800+. The pc would work for a few minutes or seconds and then just shutdown by itself.

The day before yesterday, I posted this question in this forum and an expert had provided with some suggestions on this problem: It seems that something wrong with the power supply and the cpu temperature. I definitely appreciated that.

Before I throw more money onto this computer (I really don't like to do so), could somebody help me on this issues:

1. Do I need a more powerful power switch? Right now, I have a 350kw power supply and someone suggest me to buy a 400kw one.

2. I actually bought and installed a new case fan. I connect the pins to the motherboard. However, when the pc is starting, from the BIOS, I couldn't see its speed and the temperature. Is that a problem? What's wrong and Why?

Please help!

Thanks very much in advanced!

Kilowatt? Thats a PSU with balls! 400-500 watt should be fine. Has anyone told NASA? All this time they've tried to spend millions on glorified supplys fort they're system,s and all they had to do was throw a few hundred bucks towards the lovely people at whoever makes those PSU's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back