Power supply woes? TV tuner interuption!

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdexter1

I just installed a tv tuner video capture card and at first all was ell. got tv on the box! But then out of no where the system reboot itself. Then I turned to tv tuner back on and no picture but sound. I am wondering if my power supply is not handleing the add ons. I have no Idea what PSU is in it now but intend to find out.
I have added a sound card, Graphics card with its own fan, 2 case fans. now the tv tuner. Its P4 system. The tv tuner is a Phillips I got off of Ebay.

craigdexter1 said:
I just installed a tv tuner video capture card and at first all was ell. got tv on the box! But then out of no where the system reboot itself. Then I turned to tv tuner back on and no picture but sound. I am wondering if my power supply is not handleing the add ons. I have no Idea what PSU is in it now but intend to find out.
I have added a sound card, Graphics card with its own fan, 2 case fans. now the tv tuner. Its P4 system. The tv tuner is a Phillips I got off of Ebay.

Possible driver issue, or Direct X, or video drivers, try these and see how you go, last option is a flaky card, if you think the PSU cant handle it then remove some of the excess baggage such as the fans etc.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back