Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I've just replaced the power supply on my pc, tried to switch on, and I'm getting the message : pxe-e61 : media test failure, check cable. I've been searching for help and have tried to do what people have recommended to other people - no luck. I really need some help. I've been into my bios, and my primarey ide master and slave are saying that they're not installed...what am I doing wrong? Please help!!

cheers

What is your PC? a brand name or home built? what is the brand and wattage of the PSU? what are your specs? ie; motherboard, memory, video card?

if it is an intel board did you connect the 4 pin connector from the PSU to the plug in near the CPU?

smiley said:
Hi - I've just replaced the power supply on my pc, tried to switch on, and I'm getting the message : pxe-e61 : media test failure, check cable. I've been searching for help and have tried to do what people have recommended to other people - no luck. I really need some help. I've been into my bios, and my primarey ide master and slave are saying that they're not installed...what am I doing wrong? Please help!!

cheers

if you get PXE message, that means that bios tryed to boot from your NIC(network card), so change te boot sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back