Power surge caused failures with audio,network adapter and other issues

I definitely could use some advice from someone with more computer knowledge than me. Ever since this power surge we had a few weeks ago my network adapter(wired) will not work. The pc isn't even recognizing the device so for now I am using a wireless adapter which anyone who plays online games knows is not the best option for a good connection. Aside from the network adapter I noticed that a program called evga precision which is used to adjust the fan speed of my video card was saying "no supported hardware detected" so I reinstalled my video driver and that seemed to fix it. Also both the front and back audio outlet isn't working. It does show an audio device in device manager but isnt recognizing when something is plugged in. I'm wondering if I reinstall the audio drivers and network driver if it will fix the problem, however how do I install a driver for something that my computer isn't recognizing? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

IMO, the hardware adapters on the motherboard got fried and if so, it's a waste of time to attempt a reinstall. Looking at it the other-way-around, if a reinstall fails (after ensuring you've go all the correct drivers available) would prove the problem.

I would download new drivers for any device which right now not working, and install all of them at the same time. The next reboot will tell you the whole story { Success vs Failure }

Back