PPPoE Timeout. pado: hostuniq mismatch

[FONT=verdana]I'm attempting to connect a FritzBox 7390 to a NBN connection. I've setup LAN1 as the WAN Port. I've put in the PPPoE Details, but it will not connect. In the log, I see the error:[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]PPPoE Timeout. pado: hostuniq mismatch[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]If I connect my computer directly to the same ethernet cord (That is WAN), and setup a PPPoE connection, with the same credentials, it connects OK and I can browse the internet, no dramas at all.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Firmware upgrade is the latest.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Exetel say the problem is not at their end, but they did tell me that from about 1000hrs yesterday the connection dropped around 20 times.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Some more information – not sure if any of it helps[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]1. Interestingly, even with the router disconnected the "LAN connection" for my Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC in Network Connections (WinXP) shows that it has limited connectivity.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]2. Also, it has been a while since I have had any issues with this connection so I was surprised to see a second IP address for the LAN Connection that is what looks like an IPv6 address (I assume).[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]3. The "internet" light on the FritzBox is not on – it was/should be[/FONT]

PPPoE is a dial-up interface.
If you have an ISP & a modem then
  • use the control panel -> Internet Options
  • click Connections
  • Never Dial A Connection
  • Click Apply; click ok

The Fritzbox 7390 is a modem+router which has
  • Fast Internet thanks to integrated VDSL/ADSL2+ modem
The uplink to your ISP usually needs an account name+password as assigned by that ISP - - do you have those settings?

It would appear that this is the first time you are attempting to use this box for Internet access - - pls confirm :)

http://www.fritzbox.eu/en/products/FRITZBox_Fon_WLAN_7390/

Hi jobeard,
That is all correct regarding the need for a password etc and I have those.

The device was been successfully connect for close to 4 months since purchase until last weekend.

No settings have been changed during that time and the provider and manufacture claim it is the other ones fault.

Investigate recent software installs - - SOMETHING has changed.

Interesting issue for timeout:
A timeout occurs when a request goes OUT and no reply is received. Question is, what constitutes 'received'?​
a) nothing received at the far end and thus nothing ever comes back​
b) the far end sees an input, performs some kind of reply, but your system never sees it.​
For (b), your firewall (in the modem+router device) could drop the reply.

Have you attempted to hardware reset the modem and or to load latest firmware?

[FONT=verdana] Interestingly, even with the router disconnected the "LAN connection" for my Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC in Network Connections (WinXP) shows that it has limited connectivity.[/FONT]
With your Fritzbox 7390 device, your working network looks like
* telco line = = Fritzbox(with internal router) -- PC​
and the Fritzbox 7390<--> can be wired or wireless.

You NEED the Fritzbox 7390 to make the connection to the telco(ISP) and the XP limited connectivity is due to the Fritzbox 7390 not being used OR not properly configured to allow DHCP(the cause of limited connectivity).

To make or get the Fritzbox 7390 working and your XP accessing it correctly, forget WiFi for just now and wire the PC directly to the 7390.

Back