Pre-built PC mostly for WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Minimum System Requirements

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

* Intel Pentium® III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
    * 512 MB or more of RAM
    * 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 2 class card or above
    * DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
    * 6.0 GB available HD space
    * 4x CD-ROM drive
    * A 56k or better Internet connection 

Mac® OS X 10.3.9:

* 933 MHz or higher G4, or G5, or Intel processor
    * 512 MB RAM or higher; DDR RAM recommended
    * ATI or NVIDIA® video hardware with 32 MB VRAM or more
    * 6.0 GB available HD space
    * 4x CD-Rom drive
    * A 56k or better Internet connection 

*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.

Recommended Specifications

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

* Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz
    * 1024 MB RAM
    * 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 class card or above
    * Broadband Internet connection
    * Two-button scroll-wheel mouse 

Mac® OS X 10.3.9 or newer:

* 1024 MB RAM or higher; DDR RAM recommended
    * ATI or NVIDIA® video hardware with 64 MB VRAM or more
    * Broadband Internet connection

I have been browsing through websites for a good couple of weeks now. I still am clueless. What I am looking for is a pre-built computer with a graphics card intergrated so I don't have to buy another to replace. I have a monitor and all that, obviously. My current PC has 1ghz processor and 512 RAM, but the card is intergrated and VERY outdated.

Please link me to something less than 700-800$ (but cheap as possible obviously) that meets the requirements and maybe even the recommended. I have RAM (I can upgrade that right? even if it's pre-built, I can just pop it open and slide in the cards?) but I need a processor and a FREAKING vid card.

Also, my friend was mentioning that I should wait for Windows Vista since it is only six days away. Will WoW work if I get Vista? What is it anyway? And does anyone think it's even necessary? I just get on the internet and want to play wow and I don't think I need vista since I don't have thousands of photos and videos on my PC.

Thanks! :)

Windows Vista really isn't needed for anything, but DirectX 10. Right now most games are developed for DirectX 9 so you don't need it if you only want to play WoW.

Welcome to Techspot :wave: ! May I suggest that you build, although I won't force you do do something that you aren't comfortable doing. We first need to know what country you are from; this is an international forum. Windows Vista is the new operating system (like 98/2000/XP) that will eventually become a standard over XP, although I don't suggest an immediate purchase because, usually, there are security issues and bugs that are found out in the beginning of the release.

If you don't want to build, $800 could buy you a dell with a radeon X1300 that would exceed those specs easily.

I built a WoW machine a few months ago for under 400 without a legal OS, ran it flawlessly. RAM is the real chokepoint - WoW doesn't require the same kind of video output that fps games do.

I have an old eMachine that runs ok with WoW. Its an eMachines T2682 with an FX5500, 768 MB RAM, and an 80 GB HD. It playes WOW great on medium settings and looks nice.

Hi cfitzarl, I live in Fort Worth, TX, United States of America. Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I am willing to build a machine but many questions come up, Where would I go to get it put together because I obviously don't have the necessary skill sto put it together well enough for it to function. Two, How would I go about actually doing this? Just buy a processor/vid card and just put in it with a motherboard? (really I am cluueless) Wouldn't it be easier, just more expensive, to get something where it's all together and I don't have to mess with anything?

Thanks for any more help. Oh, and Boogityboo04, I'll look into a dell with radeon. Thanks

rokman said:
Where would I go to get it put together because I obviously don't have the necessary skill sto put it together well enough for it to function.

Building a computer really isn't that hard and if you want to learn how to do it just look around the forums and other places on the Internet. There's tons of information out there.

building a computer is easy, troubleshooting it isn't

there are probably dozens of guides out there, i took me a week to learn how to build a computer after I opened a case for the first time. Gluck :)

Well rokman I agree with what people have told you, i'd recommend maybe holding off and building a DX10 capable machine but for $800 I dont see how you could until the stuff goes, low end/mainstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back