Presario 2700T randomly turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody. I'm new to the site...joined because of a problem I was hoping you all could help me with. I recently replaced a defective hard drive on a Presario 2700T with a new Samsung 120 GB drive. The problem is when I started to load XP pro the computer would randomly turn-off with no notice while the AC is plugged-in. It doesn't do it on battery with the exception on once or twice but it will do it withtin minutes when the ac is plugged-in and removing the battery doesn't help either. It's charging the battery ok. I also need to know what the led indicators for the battery and power mean. This laptop has never done this before and I had to run it on battery to get the software loaded on it.

just discovered an interesting piece to the puzzle...before the laptop shuts down the cpu is jumping to 100% and staying there even though there are no programs loaded on this laptop with the exception of XP Pro and the Linksys wireless software. I hear the hard drive motor kick in and the cpu pegs at 100% if I unplug the power cord when it does this it usually won't turn off. The process that jumps up under windowa task manager, process is svchost.exe user name is system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back