presario 900

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently had a problem with my laptop that goes blank while running windows.....but its seems allright when im in d safemode but it will goes blank once i change to normal mode... im not sure whats giving this problem....it will only last bout 10mins.. before it goes to blank screen again.... i was advice to uninstall d display adapter driver (RADEON IGP320M) by ATI TECHNOLOGY.. but that doesnt help either.... n now.. i dont have the CD to reinstall d driver back... what its d best solution to my blank screen problem n my reinstallation of my display driver.... SOS..!!!

You can download all the drivers from www.hp.com.
Get a cab if dufluoroethane gas such as dust off, and clean out all the cooling vents, as well as the cooling fans.
Consider upgrading the memory, if it is 512 MB or less.
If it is a low priced laptop, it will begin to show screen troubles by doing this blanking as the inverter begins to fail.

can anyone share with me what are the possibility of maximising the speed of my presario 900.....which is currently running at 1.33GHz ....i find it very slow even i have upgraded to 624MB of RAM... how do i test weather my computer its running at maximum speed....?

not much possibility at all... except at a highly unreasonable cost. The board is limited on the processor it can use, and on the amount of memory that can be installed. It is not the cpu at 1.33 GHz that limits you. It is the front side bus. Thje maximum CPU that can be installed, according to my Presario manual is 1.47 Ghz... not a lot of increase from the 1.33... about .14 Ghz
As you have already learned, 624 mb of memory is not much.
You can remove the screen if you have the tools and the schematic, but be extremely careful as the ribbon cable is extremely brittle and can shatter at the very small pressure pressure or tug.
The hard drive can be upgraded from a 4200 rpm to a 7200 rpm. That will help great deal for about $75.
You are also limited by the TFT display which cannot be changed.
All the specs for the computer are available at www.hp.com.
An additional problem is that it has a history of the screen failing early under normal conditions. You risk the screen failing eve earlier.
Much less money to buy a new or refub one designed for speed... and not a presario... more like an HP, Dell Latitude or Inspiron, Gateway or IBM Lenovo Thinkpad... something with 2 GB of memory potential, fast hard drive, fast frontside bus, and better screen with independent graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back