TechSpot

President of Interconnect Technology Consulting

By Camille Sahely
Jan 27, 2007
  1. Hello to TechSpot readers:

I am a Digital Equiment retiree. Presently I am a consultant in Interconnect Technology from chip to system level. I have 42 years experience in hardware technology. I am not an expert in software.

Presently, I am battling the System Alerts,Malware threats. It is a yellow triangle. It comes on the screen every 20-30 seconds. I have McAffe and CounterSpy on I could not eliminate this newsense. It tries to sell me more than 7 software programs. I appreciate any help to solve my problem.

Sincerely,

Camille Sahely

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Camille Sahely and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

As for your popup problems, please do the following.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into a new thread in our Security and the Web forum, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.