Press F1 to run SETUP

Alpha Gamer

Today I boot my 1 year old computer this message appears:

"Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting

Press F1 to run SETUP"

I did the F1 thing, reloaded my OC profile and everything seems fine right now. Anyone knows why this happened? And above all: what are the chances of this happening again on my next cold boot? How to fix?

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 (LGA1155) 28 °C
Graphics
E2250 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Gigabyte) 30 °C
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Elitegroup) 28 °C
ForceWare version: 326.80
SLI Disabled
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST310005 24AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12LS29 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

It could be possible your cmos battery is bad. Beings its a year old. I would think this would not be the case. But you never know how long the manufacter had the battery. Before installing the battery on your motherboard.

Today's boot showed the scariest message I've ever seen:

"Chassis Intruded! Fatal Error. System Halted."

Today's boot showed the scariest message I've ever seen:

"Chassis Intruded! Fatal Error. System Halted."

Chassis intrusion is a bios option that can be disabled. Its like an alarm for your pc that will tell you if you case has been opened.

Reset your bios to optimal defaults and start over.

Corruption of your bios can be caused by many things, Failing battery, power surges, Incorrect shutdowns, ect.

Chassis intrusion is a bios option that can be disabled. Its like an alarm for your pc that will tell you if you case has been opened.

Reset your bios to optimal defaults and start over.

Corruption of your bios can be caused by many things, Failing battery, power surges, Incorrect shutdowns, ect.
OK, I think I've reset it. This option is disabled by the default? Otherwise it will just happen again.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Where is this option in the bios? I just can't find it. I took a good look in the mobo manual and saw no mention of it. I even downloaded pdf file of the manual and found nothing with the search function.

The option should be disabled by default.

After doing a little more research it turns out your motherboard does not support chassis intrusion.

Its strange that you are getting this message, most people recommend an RMA of the motherboard.

Source: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20110324173139367&board_id=1&model=P8P67 PRO&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

I myself would see how it behaves now that you have reset your bios.

And plus +1 to what cobalt posted above, Unlikely to be the battery but you never know.

The option should be disabled by default.

After doing a little more research it turns out your motherboard does not support chassis intrusion.

Its strange that you are getting this message, most people recommend an RMA of the motherboard.

Source: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20110324173139367&board_id=1&model=P8P67 PRO&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

I myself would see how it behaves now that you have reset your bios. Hopefully the problem will resolve itself.
I stumbled upon this same piece of information a couple of hours ago and got quite confused.
Strange thing is this guy here claims he found the info on the manual and even fixed it by just putting back the jumper cap that had been dropped before.

Conflicting information indeed :)

I guess the only way to be sure would be to dig out your motherboard manual.

Back