Pressing any key causes a system freeze on PB laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
I ve got a Packard Bell EasyNote E2 laptop with Windows XP on it. But here is the problem: my laptop freezes every time i press any key after windows start (or during windows start for that matter, so i cannot go into BIOS). Everything works fine otherwise, the freeze up only influences keyboard and mousepad (both not responding), but all the other applications keep on running as they should. Checked for conflicts of devices, updates of drivers and viruses. The last found asm.exe spyware, which i (not without difficulties) managed to delete, i have no idea if had something to do with the system freezes.. Total reinstalling of windows is problematic, because i need to type in a serial number in the process and that requires typing = freezing.
I ve never experienced anything like that before. I totally clueless here, please help.

best,
D

So, don't press the any key, use any OTHER key :)

Consider removing the cover and checking, visually inspect the entire thing for short-circuits or where any pieces of metal / steel / screws are touching electronic circuits. Take 5-10, maybe 20 minutes and do that, then if you still can't find the culprit, see if running it with the cover OFF resolves the problem.

If it does, then the issue is a short-circuit and you can try re-installing the cover lightly or see what it is that is touching...

Peace out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back