Prime95 Error Testing Hardware In 3 Seconds

By Keith22
Nov 1, 2007
  1. Okay i ran prime95 on my new system and got a hardware error within like 3 seconds. I took a screenshot of the results to show you guys. I can NOT find that "stress.txt" file for the life of me. My rig is.. :

CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad ( G0 )
    Board: EVGA nForce 680i SLI (p27 bios came with it, flashed to p30 for kentsfield core support, A1 Version)
    Video Card: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB
    PSU: OCZ 700 Watt GameXstreme
    RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 800MHZ (4GB)
    OS: Windows XP Home ( i know.. 4GB w/ xp Home, my mistake )

Anybody have ANY idea what peice of hardware it could be, my motherboard seems funky too me i think it might be that. Also where might i find the stress.txt file?

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Try it with 3gig of ram or less.
  3. Keith22

Keith22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

Will do, trying it now. Ill edit with results in a few.

Well i took out the last stick in the last socket for a total of 3GB of ram and for some reason the test has been stable and error-less for a good 5-10 mins now. Not a long time i know but it didnt fail after 3 seconds. Wtf does that mean though, my ram has been mem tested with zero errors over night.

bump. sorry guys, need info on this. very confusing!
  4. Rik

XP doesn't like more than 3 gig, and it seems you are proving that.
  5. Keith22

No **** eh, wow. What about the 64 bit version, even though it "supports" alot more ram, would it still not like the fact that theres 4GB in there?
  6. Rik

In thoery it's ok with more ram, but i havent seen it tested.
  7. Keith22

Ahh okay well that sorta makes sense. Thanks alot for the help.. hopefully my problems are solved now and i wont have to RMA the motherboard.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.