Prime95 Error Testing Hardware In 3 Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith22

Okay i ran prime95 on my new system and got a hardware error within like 3 seconds. I took a screenshot of the results to show you guys. I can NOT find that "stress.txt" file for the life of me. My rig is.. :

CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad ( G0 )
Board: EVGA nForce 680i SLI (p27 bios came with it, flashed to p30 for kentsfield core support, A1 Version)
Video Card: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB
PSU: OCZ 700 Watt GameXstreme
RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 800MHZ (4GB)
OS: Windows XP Home ( i know.. 4GB w/ xp Home, my mistake )

Anybody have ANY idea what peice of hardware it could be, my motherboard seems funky too me i think it might be that. Also where might i find the stress.txt file?

gujhhh.jpg

Will do, trying it now. Ill edit with results in a few.

EDIT:

Well i took out the last stick in the last socket for a total of 3GB of ram and for some reason the test has been stable and error-less for a good 5-10 mins now. Not a long time i know but it didnt fail after 3 seconds. Wtf does that mean though, my ram has been mem tested with zero errors over night.

bump. sorry guys, need info on this. very confusing!

No **** eh, wow. What about the 64 bit version, even though it "supports" alot more ram, would it still not like the fact that theres 4GB in there?

Ahh okay well that sorta makes sense. Thanks alot for the help.. hopefully my problems are solved now and i wont have to RMA the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back