TechSpot

Prime95 HARDWARE Error.. whats going on

By Keith22
Nov 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay i just built a new rig about a month ago and have been fixing bsod's one after another, first starting with ntune and now i have worked my way up to a hardware problem found in prime95? I had this a few days ago and i was told to take out a stick of ram ( from 4GB on XP home to 3GB ) and i did and prime95 found no errors after a couple hours. Now all the sudden with that same stick removed i have the hardware problem found... AGAIN! Here are my hardware specs;

CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad ( G0 )
    Board: EVGA nForce 680i SLI (p27 bios came with it, flashed to p30 for kentsfield core support, A1 Version)
    Video Card: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB
    PSU: OCZ 700 Watt GameXstreme
    RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 800MHZ (4GB)
    OS: Windows XP Home ( i know.. 4GB w/ xp Home, my mistake )

And the Screen Shot:

[​IMG]

Anyone have ANY idea wtf is happening.. this is beginning to be quite the trouble. I have a theory that its my motherboard. It sometimes detects my mouse and one of my DVD rom's, and sometimes one of my fans plugged in via the 3 prong plug ( i THINK its 3 prongs ) on my mobo sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. It gets going if i spin it. Could that mean maybe its my PSU not supplying enough juice too? Any input helps, thanks alot.
  2. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

What voltage are you running the RAM at? Can you post a link to it.
  3. Keith22

Keith22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

4. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

Have a look at the label on one of the sticks to see if a voltage range is listed. From what I can find out they were tested at 1.9V (from the link below), I'm assuming you have 4 x 1GB sticks. So I would start by upping the voltage from 1.85 to 1.9.

http://www.corsairmemory.com/products/xms2.aspx
  5. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

I'd say peterdiva is correct. Up the voltage to 1.9 and see what happens.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.