Prime95 HARDWARE Error.. whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith22

Okay i just built a new rig about a month ago and have been fixing bsod's one after another, first starting with ntune and now i have worked my way up to a hardware problem found in prime95? I had this a few days ago and i was told to take out a stick of ram ( from 4GB on XP home to 3GB ) and i did and prime95 found no errors after a couple hours. Now all the sudden with that same stick removed i have the hardware problem found... AGAIN! Here are my hardware specs;

CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad ( G0 )
Board: EVGA nForce 680i SLI (p27 bios came with it, flashed to p30 for kentsfield core support, A1 Version)
Video Card: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB
PSU: OCZ 700 Watt GameXstreme
RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 800MHZ (4GB)
OS: Windows XP Home ( i know.. 4GB w/ xp Home, my mistake )

And the Screen Shot:

GRRAGAIN.jpg

Anyone have ANY idea wtf is happening.. this is beginning to be quite the trouble. I have a theory that its my motherboard. It sometimes detects my mouse and one of my DVD rom's, and sometimes one of my fans plugged in via the 3 prong plug ( i THINK its 3 prongs ) on my mobo sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. It gets going if i spin it. Could that mean maybe its my PSU not supplying enough juice too? Any input helps, thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back