Print a certificate that is 14" x 11"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need our Lexmark C935 to be able to print a certificate that is 14" x 11". On Page Setup there is nothing for that size paper. We have contacted Lexmark, but they have not been any help.

Is there something out there that will do this? Or how would I go about writing such a thing?

Thanks.

If your printer driver doesn't support printing it I think you're simplest solution (especially if this is just a "one off") is to print it at a Kinko's or similar spot or get a new printer

Houston, i think we gotta problem....

Maybe someone else will have a different idea but i think the simple answer then is "You're screwed" :darth: :(

Hmmm... one more thought. You might try googling the search string below (be sure to include the double quotes)
Code:
"how to print" page size 11x14

Looks like many have tried tackling the same problem on different machines. Maybe one of those methods might work for you. Example click here

Make sure you have the latest printer driver from Lexmark. I don't know about your Lexmark but I sometimes had to set custom paper sizes for my HP office printer and it worked fine. As discussed in the thread LookinAround linked to, see if yours allows for custom sizes.

I honestly don't see what the problem is. The Lexmark 935 is a wide format printer that lists 11" X 17" "Tabloid" as a paper size it handles. It isn't too big a leap to format the print file to occupy the upper 14" of this size paper. So, basically if you feed 11 X 14" as opposed to 11" X 17", the printer won't probably won't know the difference.

Basically you need to read, (or reread), the page setup instructions.

Along a similar line of thought as captaincranky, within the application you can set the document margin so it excludes the 3 inches of the 11" x 17" listed paper plus, of course, the document margin.

I honestly don't see what the problem is

Well, of course, you and Mailpup are right. When i first posted I had just woken up. I must have still been in my early morning and cantankerous mood (aka ______________ ? :)

Or maybe it was a matter of being more lazy then cantankerous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back