Apr 28, 2004
  1. where are the print screen pictures saved to? thanks
    :)

2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

they are saved to the clipboard.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

The easiest way to get them after doing a print screen is pasting them into an image editing application. Something as simple as pbrush will do.

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Start Menu -> Run -> mspaint ;)

5. Deer Dance14

Deer Dance14 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

thanks much

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

You can also hit ALT-PrntScrn to capture your active window. This is helpful if you are trying to get a shot of something small like an error or something in internet explorer, it won't copy the whole desktop and taskbar, just the active window.

Hope this quick tip helps.

7. Deer Dance14

indeed, thanks again

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Also if you want to capture a frame from video (ex - what you see on the screen) you can do this in WMP, but you have to make sure to turn off video overlay first.
    You can do this in WMP by opening it up and going to Tools menu -> Options -> Performance -> click the Advanced Button, and then turn overlay off.

Any halfway decent video playing program will let you turn overlay off, and some will even let you capture the frame from within the app without turning overlay off.

9. Deer Dance14

thanks, i have another problem. I've been trying to take s/s of cinimas in games, but all I get when i try to past is a black nothing. how can i get the picture that is being played? (the movie types are ones that arent recognized by windows, and can't be played in WMP or other video playing programs.)

10. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Usually games have a screenshot key that can be used and writes a screenshot file into its own program folder. Whether or not this will work during a cut scene is another matter.

11. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

12. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

If the movies are being played in overlay mode then the only way to get screenshots from them is a method supplied by the game itself.

13. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Usually it is by pressing F12 in most games.

14. Deer Dance14

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.