'print screen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest way to get them after doing a print screen is pasting them into an image editing application. Something as simple as pbrush will do.

You can also hit ALT-PrntScrn to capture your active window. This is helpful if you are trying to get a shot of something small like an error or something in internet explorer, it won't copy the whole desktop and taskbar, just the active window.

Hope this quick tip helps.

Also if you want to capture a frame from video (ex - what you see on the screen) you can do this in WMP, but you have to make sure to turn off video overlay first.
You can do this in WMP by opening it up and going to Tools menu -> Options -> Performance -> click the Advanced Button, and then turn overlay off.

Any halfway decent video playing program will let you turn overlay off, and some will even let you capture the frame from within the app without turning overlay off.

thanks, i have another problem. I've been trying to take s/s of cinimas in games, but all I get when i try to past is a black nothing. how can i get the picture that is being played? (the movie types are ones that arent recognized by windows, and can't be played in WMP or other video playing programs.)

Usually games have a screenshot key that can be used and writes a screenshot file into its own program folder. Whether or not this will work during a cut scene is another matter.

If the movies are being played in overlay mode then the only way to get screenshots from them is a method supplied by the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back