Print screen

By LinkedKube
Sep 18, 2007
  1. When I use the print screen on my keyboard, where do these pictures go, gee cant find them at all.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

They go to the clipboard. You can paste the screenshot to any program you like.
  3. Howard the Duck

Howard the Duck TS Rookie Posts: 36

That's just the little tip I needed to unleash the full powers of the print screen!

Now I have opened a paradox within this very thread, and now have potentially initiated the implosion of the universe!

Sorry for the unbridled and unwarranted enthusiasm, but that post was all I needed to finally fulfill my wish of proper use of the print screen button, and now with a little impromptu attachment magic, paradoxes of universally imploding proportions! MWUAHAHAHAHA....heheheheheh-hoo!

(Thanks Nodsu.)
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

This may really blow you away! To just capture the uppermost (read 'top') screen, hold down the Alt key with PrtScn. Occasionally you may have to do it a couple of times because it'd all in the timing, but when you get it, just Ctrl+V where you want it.
  5. Rolfman

Rolfman TS Enthusiast Posts: 95

just open , paint brush....
    press the print screen button ,
    the CTRL-V with the program maximised...

after that same it on your desktop as a .JPG
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 3,481   +44

k cool, and thx.
  7. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Thought you might like that!
  8. Rolfman

Rolfman TS Enthusiast Posts: 95

You're Wellcome mate....
  9. Holy Kotor

Holy Kotor TS Rookie