Printer network delays

It seems that when people print at my office, there the print randomly delays which backs up the print queue. All PC's & printers are hard wired. The printers are on a printer server. I tried restarting the print spooler, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

You can't do it on your end. You have to go to the printer and do it. Take it off line or what Jobeard told you to. But you need to send out a memo saying to clear your printer queues. When you have a chance tell me what the model and make of that printer. If you look in the menu of the printer on the printer you can clear any work jobs out.

Its an HP 4014n. After I power cycled it, it prints out a page or two, and then it stalls. Could it be a permission issue on the printer server or sonicwall?

I use to order, deliver, replace, install, setup and configure LAN and VLAN and break fix (repair) HP Laser Network Printer on Enterprise Domain. So this model you have: Below is the rated output volume of pages this printer can handle.

[FONT=Arial]Recommended monthly print volume 3000 to 12,000 pages[/FONT]

If your department is printer higher volume of print jobs per day that exceed that total below then your department heads needs to be in a service order request for higher volume printer. As this one can't support your department.

I had one department at Health-net that had the same issue. I had to order higher volume network laser printer. Cost was extremely high but the end results was the department was more proficient than they were sitting there waiting on print jobs to complete.

No this is not a permission issue it's the printer can't handle the volume of print jobs. Whoever order this printer didn't take in for account how the department print job demand would be higher volume.

This needs attention ASAP!

If your department is doing 9,000 sheet per day or higher this printer can't handle those volumes and your lucky it hasn't started to break-down.

By-the-way this model is it on a table or it's it on 4 wheels with extra bay trays.

I know for a fact that the printer falls in the recommended monthly printer volume range. My company probably prints about 100-200 pages a day. This model is on a table with a total of 3 trays.

Its an HP 4014n. --- Could it be a permission issue on the printer server or sonicwall?
Not the printer, but the print server to which it is attached.

Next choice would be to look for new firmware for the printer

No printer server used on this model had the HP Jet-Card..

Tells us what do you see coming from the jack from the printer (rear side) to the floor usually Ethernet Jack. Or do you see Print Server on this. Small Box. I doubt it there, but again whoever setup the is printer might have used one. Again this model has network support.

Also when last has this printer have a service call for PM-Kit? Has it ever been serviced?

Sorry for the delay response, I had to leave work early on friday. All I see is the ethernet jack. The last time this printer was serviced by a certified tech was sometime last year from what I was told. I do install maintenence kits regularly.

Back