Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Firstly, my printer is an Epson C42UX. a basic machine, not one of the all-singing, all dancing variety, but it suits my needs. I run XP Home.
I printed a seven page document, but it started all over again, I didn't notice that while it was printing there was no "banner" showing the printing in progress, & no ghosted Epson notice in the tray, to start printing, it brought up the large banner, the one with "preferences" but I just clicked print from there, which I've done loads of time before.
I stopped the printer by pressing a button on the machine, but when I next booted-up, & needed to print something else, directly I turned it on again, it started printing the same lot of pages
Unless you people have another idea, I thought I could go & cancel the print queue, but have forgotten how to do it, can someone help please, I have a lot of documents to be printed out, so it is urgent.
If it means cancelling the print queue, can I do that while it's still printing?, but I have a suspicion that is something else causing it, but can't think what it might be, I went to printer & faxes help, & followed it through, but in the end, they couldn't help.
I don't want to cart it round to an Epson dealer/repair shop that I use in town, 'cause he'll keep it at least a week, & I can't afford the delay, so I hope that, between you, you can come up with something,....I hope I can correct it by going to the print queue!!!
Hope you can help.

Maurice

Hey Maurice, can you get the updated printer software rather than let windows xp sp2 install for you. A updated printer software is wayyyyy better than SP2.

Lucan

Sorry Lucan, not sure what you're saying, I can't see how SP2 comes into it, I am very strongly anti SP2, friends who installed it, have now got problems that they didn't have before, what's your view on the print queue idea?, & if it will work in my case, how do I do it?

Thanks for replying. Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back