Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy2k8

I wasn't sure which topic this comes under.

My client has a Lexmark 3500 / 4500 series printer. His computer had a virus, which I god rid of, but now the printer won't work. I have tried everything:

Removing it completely and following the setup instuctions again
Tried to print from Word, Notepad and the Web, also tried printing a test page
However, nothing is in the print queue
But when you ask it to print, the printer icon comes up for about 2 secs and then goes away again.
It is connected to USB001 (I tried LPT1 - didn't work)
Nothing reported to be wrong in Device Manager?

Any suggestions?

It shows ports: LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, USB001 (which is the one the printer is connected to). However, connecting it to LPT1 doesn't solve it either

I have got an email from Lexmark, but I think I'm going to do a rebuild as I've already spent too much time on this

Lexmark problem

Hi,
I too have a Lexmark, P4430. My problem is it will not let me use refilled cartridges.
How does it know and what right has Lexmark to do this? If I choose to use "non standard " cartridges, that is my right. I refuse to pay their cartridge prices. I can buy a printer with cartridges cheaper than their cartridges alone.

My immediate feeling is trash it and buy one that does not tell me what I can and can't do! Perhaps there is some way to modify the software, does anyone know?
I read that Lexmark were involved in a U.S.High Court case for pulling this stunt with photo copier cartridges. I believe they lost, and so they should.
RR

Uninstall the drivers and try a manual install through Add Hardware with the printer connected.

Can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back