TechSpot

Printing - adobe and .gif docs

By Michelle2
May 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have two issues.

When I print .pdf docs, Adobe used to close after printing. Now it stays open. I am using Xp Pro and Adobe professional v6. I know its old but Im tied to company restrictions.

Also I get faxes through on emails attached as .gif's. When I open the email I used to be able to right click and choose print and off it would go to be printed. Now MS picture and fax viewer opens and asks me to setup a printer every time. Is there a way I can set up a default printer in this software - or permanently turn off ms picture and fax viewer?

Thank you

Michelle

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

1. ensure your adobe 6 is updated. updates should make it forward compatible.
    2. run crap cleaner (CCleaner) registry repair. It's free.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,556   +301

I'm not sure what Windows normally opens gifs with, but I imagine if it isn't MS Picture & Fax Viewer that it would be Paint. So what you can do to make that happen is save the picture somewhere, then right click on it and Open With, then browse/locate Paint and make sure the little box is checked so that it uses that program every time.

4. Michelle2

Michelle2 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 62

Hi,

I have tried that, also setting it to the default program, but ms seems to want this program to be the default. I have even tried the registry edit, but on the next update this is "fixed".

Thank you for your reply though

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

The restrictions have probably been set to your user profile as well, so that you can't install a printer or change some default applications. Talk to your company's system administrator.

6. Michelle2

Michelle2 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 62

Hi Mictlantecuhtli

They dont know either.

Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.