Prior Art Catalog and Reference Collector

My Collection, Prior Art Catalog Reference Library

I collect Prior Art Materials and Have a library of over 250,000 catalogs, ( I've lost Count). I also collect interesting product samples of which I have over 35,000 samples from the fields of Toys, Games, Cooking Appliances, Cell Phones, Corded Phones, Arts and Crafts Products, PDA's, Calculators, Consumer Electronics, Radios, Sporting Goods, Exercise Equipment, Tools, Gadgets, Automotive, Photography, Plumbing,Clothing, Jewelry, Gizmos, Novelties, Video Games, Seasonal Products, Stationery and lots more.

I began to collect for my own personal enjoyment. The Catalogs have proved invaluable to me for prior art research purposes related to my own patents. I have about 8 issued patents with several more pending. I do occasionally search for prior art for others on a case by case basis. NONE OF MY CATALOGS OR SAMPLES ARE FOR SALE EVER.

My collection has vintage to brand new catalogs, both retail mail order catalogs and wholesale trade catalogs. I have been a collector of catalogs for over twenty years.
I must have the World's Largest Collection. It's a virtually the ultimate prior art research library.

Some More About My Collection.

I have 100's of catalog titles in my prior art search collection. Many of the catalogs are in very long runs covering years of publication. Some are vintage going back to the 20's right up to present times.
I have Toy Fair and Pre- Toy Fair Issues from the 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's 2000's. I literally have 10's of thousands of wholesale, trade and retail toy catalogs.

Only some of the 100's of titles in my Toy Catalog Collection include;

Milton Bradley Toy Catalogs,
Kenner Toy Catalogs,
Pressman Toy Catalogs,
Coleco Toy Catalogs,
Ideal Toys Catalogs,
Tomy Toys Catalogs,
Selchow and Righter Catalogs
Little Tikes Catalogs,
Parker Brothers Bros. Catalogs
Dakin Catalogs,
Steiff Catalogues,
Applause Catalogs
Trendmaster Catalogs,
Ty Beanie Baby Catalogs,
Nasta Catalogs,
Fun 4 All Catalogs
Blue Box Catalogs
Kusan Catalogs,
HG Toy Catalogs
Laramie Catalogs,
Oddz On Catalogs,
Basic Fun Catalogs,
Amloid Catalogs,
Sears and Roebuck Christmas Wish Books,
J.C. Penney Christmas Toy Books,
Montgomery War'd Christmas Books,
And Lots Lots More!

I have Toy Catalogs galore from Japan, Germany, Brasil, Brazil, England, Italy, China and more.
Fisher Price Toy Catalogs,
Hasbro Toy Catalogs,
Mattel Toy Catalogs,
Playschool Toy Catalogs,
Spinmaster Toy Catalogs,
Disney Store Catalogs
Doll Catalogs,
Plush Toy Catalogs,
Model Car Catalogs,

The toy catalogs are just one catagory in my vast collection.
I have been a serious catalog collector for over twenty years.

I have literally thousands of toy samples made over the past 100 years as prior art product reference.

Electronic Plush Toys,
Board Games,
Water Sprinklers,
Play Sets,
Building Toys, RC Vehicles,
Arts and Crafts Products,
Drawing Sets,
Learning Toys,
Electronic Toys,
Leap Pad Like Products going back 40 years,
Sports Toys and Balls, Puzzles,
Kid's Furniture, Kid's Girls Jewelry Making Sets kits,
Painting Sets,
Activity Sets, Electronic Building Sets

I also have at least 200,000 catalogs in just about every other product category. I have probaly the Largest Prior Art Catalog Reference Library In America or even the entire World! Clothing Catalogs also are included in my VAST prior art catalog research collection.

I have 1,000's and 1,000's of clothing catalogs from the 1880's to the present, vintage to modern. I am a crazy catalog collector,

These catalogs are more important to an inventor than you might think. There have been tens of thousands of patents on clothing and accessories.

I have 100's of titles with many nearly complete runs covering decades of some titles;

L.L. Bean Catalogs,
Orvis Catalogs,
Land's End Catalogs,
Sports Pages,
The Sporting Life Catalogs
Talbots,
Victoria's Secret,
Bacharach,
Brooks Brothers,
Harley Davidson Clothing Catalogs,
Children's Clothing Catalogs
Abercrombie and Fitch,
Appleseed's Catalogs
Johnny Appleseed's Catalogs
Old Pueblo Traders Catalogs
Unique Petite Catalogs
Speigel Catalogs,
Bloomingdales Catalogues,
Sears Catalogs,
Montgomery Ward's Catalogs
J.C. Penney Catalogs
Playboy Catalog Catalogs
International Male Catalogs
I. Magnin Catalogs Catalogs

Literally hundreds more titles. It's fun to search through old catalogs.
It is a fun resource and gives great insight to all the prior art out there to discover.

Tennis Wear Catalogs, Formal Wear Catalogs, Shoe Catalogs, Accessory Catalogs, Watch Catalogs, Handbag Catalogs, Purse Catalogs and many many more!!

Cooking Catalogs
Chef's catalogs
Williams and Sonoma, Hundreds
Tool Catalogs,
Gadget Catalogs
JS&A Catalogs, entire run
Sharper Image Catalogs, Over 200 issues
Brookstone Catalogs
Hammacher Schlemmer Catalogs
FAO Schwarz Catalogs
FAO Schwartz Catalogs
Trading Stamp Catalogs
S&H Green Stamp Catalogs
Plaid Stamps Catalogs
King Korn Stamp Catalogs
Top Value Stamp Catalogs
Cigarette Premium Catalogs
Marlboro Miles and Gear Catalogs, All
Camel Catalogs, All Copies to date
Budweiser Catalogs
Coca Cola Collectibles Catalogs
Belnap Catalogs
Furniture Catalogs
Jewelry Catalogs
Lawn and Garden Catalogs,
Consumer Electronics Catalogs,
Telephone Catalogs,
Radio Shack Catalogs,
Garden Catalogs
Gardening Catalogs,
Home Improvement Catalogs,
Plumbing Catalogs,
Giftware Catalogs,
Novelty Catalogs, Cookware Catalogs,
Kitchen Utensil Catalogs,
Automotive Accessory Catalogs.
Video Game Catalogs,
100's of licensed character style guides,
Tupperware Catalogs

The list goes on and on. I'm really going to try to count them all. I must have over 250,000 by now.

They have been a fun thing to collect and given me a great personal prior art reference library. I have very little in the way of software, maybe only 200 different vintage programs and obsolete Operating systems. But I collect the unusual obsolete hardware.

I have 30 vintage working laptops, some weigh over 20 lbs, 25 different obsolete PDA's with bizarre accessories, Video Game periferals from the dawn of gaming, 100's of electronic vintage tech gadgets, 40 different stand alone video game systems, over 1,000 vintage game cartridges and discs.

Probably the world's largest privately held collection of prior art patent research reference.

If you have a similar interest,
Please contact me
email removed

Back