Prior to fix blue screen problem emerged again

ManLi

Prior to fix blue screen problem emerged again, request you to help to see what the problem is. Help me, please.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Operating System Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1028

Additional information related to the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 0000000000000099
BCP2: 00000000000DCA0C
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: 000000000001D40C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I can not find dmp file, if the next time there, I would like to add. Thanks.

That error 0x4E PFN_LIST_Corrupt is almost always caused by faulty RAM; in fact it is probably the strongest and best indicator that bad memory is the issue. Under our forum Guides and Tutorials you will find one the explains how one runs Memtest on memory.

The thing is the guide is kind of old but serviceable. Here is an up-to-date link: http://www.memtest.org/

1. Download in ISO file and save to your desktop.
2. Double click the file and burn to a CD.
3. Go into your BIOS and place your DVD/CD drive as First Bootable.
4. Place disk in said drive and restart your system.
5. The test will begin before Windows can load which is what you want.
6. This test takes a long time. Many people will start it before going to bed and let it run overnight and check it in the morning. Don't worry because this will not harm your system in any way.
7. The more PASSES the better with 10 as a minimum unless errors show up sooner. Also, people think the test is just repeating itself but this is not true.
8. ANY error, even one, means you have a bad RAM and must be replaced. It cannot be fixed.
9' If you do have errors then run the test per stick, I.e. only one installed on your motherboard. This how you can discover which one(s) needs replacement.
10. Keep in mind that if your memory was purchased as a pair manufactures will require you send the set back as a whole even if one of your sticks is good.
11. The manufacture will replace free of charge unless you overclocked the memory which negates the warranty.

Uploaded DPM file,and I will try memtest first. Thanks

Attachments

• DPM.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 5
Oh... I tested by memtest. No problem. So , Should I buy a new hard drive? if I want to buy a new one. Should I buy SSD?

New mini dump still suggest hard drive to be bad. It would be your choice as to what type hard drive you choose.

How much room do you need? An SSD is fast and they are coming down in price but compared to the regular hard drives you are getting a whole lot more memory per cost with the latter.

If the hard drive is failing then back up everything that is of importance, I.e. photos, files, etc. NOW because once a hard drive crashes it costs serious money to retrieve information.

Thanks your suggestion. After I read the SSD price, I think I will buy regular hard drive. I don't have enough money,because I 'm just a student. My hard drive is AT3500418AS ATA 500GB. Should I buy a same one ?

I backed up all of data to cloud drive. Thank you for your reminder.

You are welcome. :) Yes get a SATA but before doing so can you tell us the make and model of your current hard drive?

Seagate
Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
ST3500418AS
P/N :9SL142-301
Firmware:CC37
Date Code:10067
Site Code:SU

Is it ,right? thanks.

Hmmm, for clarification did you run the following tests: SMART, Short, and especially Long? If it has passed these tests then it is most likely not your hard drive.

Keep in mind, bad RAM has been known to pass Memtest. Rerun Memtest. Start it in the early evening and let it run to the next morning when you get up. We want to attain 10 Passes as minimum and the more the better such as 15 or even more.

Back