Prob Installing Digifire 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i uninstalled my old SBlive drivers and removed the card.
Then stuck in my new digifire card. When i go to turn on my computer everything boots up fine as far as i can tell but for one thing. My screen does not work?:confused: When i remove the card everything works fine. (but no sound)

The only thing i can guess is that its cus i have a HP Pavilion pice of yiker that sucks.

If any one can think of how to fix this pls post. really anything im lost.

My pc stats are.

Cel 733 (overclocked to 906)
386mb SDR
i810e monther
and get this a power supply with a maximum continuous output power of a 100w (i think this is my prob :unch: )

oh and if u are are thinking a SBlive is better then a Digifire. your right. but i need the fire wire:hotbounce

seems like the powersupply to me.on hercules site it says it needs a pci 2.1 slot. i dont know if your motherboard has that. but all the rest of the specs check out. not to flame or anything but the digifire is a better card than a sblive.

could it be (possibly unlikely) a system resource conflict?

Does it eventually boot up if you leave it for say, about 5 mins?

what is the led on your monitor doing? flashing or not?

The computer is boots up and sounds right. Its just that the monitor does not turn on. The LED is on yellow (yellow= standby on but cant see stuff. green=on and i should see stuff)

The LED is not flashing. its just yellow.:confused:

Have you also removed the "hardware" from your Device Manager?

With the new card out, start up your PC.
If your mobo came with onboard sound, double-check that it is disabled in the BIOS. While you are there, if you don't use the Serial ports COM1 and/or COM2, disable them to free up IRQs.
Then continue booting.
Go to Start/settings/control panel/Add-Remove Hardware which gets you in the HW-wizard, click next, tick Unininstall/unplug and next, then next again, then tick "Show hidden devices".
Page through the list and anything that smells of Soundblaster, click on it to highlight and click next, then tick "Yes I want to uninstall..." then click next and OK. Repeat until they are all gone.

Install your new card and keep your fingers/arms/legs etc. crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back