Probably not the right section | Boot Path not found, No drives detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogshark40

Sorry if wrong section!

I recently bought a HP Slimline computer and it worked fine until yesterday. I was playing a game online, my computer froze, I task manager'd everything that I had open. My system hung, I turned off my computer and rebooted it. My v5 hp boot screen stayed around for about a minute, and then gave me a black screen saying "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter"
I turned it off, ran the diagnostic tools from the boot menu, and after it scanned my TSSTcor CDDVDW TS-H653Q, it tested the Boot Path, I got this;

Error Code: BIOHD-2
Warning: No drives detected.
Suggestion: Turn off system, verify drive cables are attached, problem stays, contact HP

I recently bought a 1tb western digital portable hdd, if that means anything...

any help is appreciated

Might mean a corrupted hard drive or a loose connection. I think that you should take a look inside your computer and make sure all of the connections are nice and tight.

Also, can you see the HD in the BIOS? You can even try and use a different hard drive to boot from (if available) the computer, or take the hard drive out and use it to boot another computer and see the results.

Your at the point where you simply have to test, test, and test again.

I was on another forum, they said that my hdd is pretty much fried, need to buy a new one. How hard is it to replace a slimline hd? everything is really snug inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back