Probelm with Trend Micro Housecall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makris

I'm having trouble running Housecall. I ran it a couple of weeks ago, and it crashed right at the end of the scan. I've not been able to run it ever since - the bar at the bottom left says "idle" and the browser looks like it is trying to load something, but nothing ever happens. My bandwidth monitor also shows little or nothing being download.

I' ve tried it with IE and Netscape.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Makris

I have seen this happen with some viruses that hve the power to disabled you AntiVirus scans also have the power to not allow you to run an online scan like Housecall.

Maybe try a different free online scan like ActiveScan by Panda AntiVirus. Als does a pretty good job of cleaning stuff. Assuming that you can get this one to run.

Thanks for the reply Jimbo.

Norton AV (local) runs fine and doesn't detect anything, and the Panda online scan runs fine too and doesn't detect anything (apart from a few naughty cookies). Also Trend Micro anti-spyware (local) runs fine too (but misses the cookies Panda detected).

Any other suggestions?

Makris

Not really sure why you couldn't get the Housecall to work then. Probably a link on there where you can write to them and see what they suggest.

Could be Norton causing problems also. I have seen that software do so many crazy different things in the past I wouldn't be surprised if you take that off your machine and then housecall works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back