TechSpot

Problem after installing printer.

By hileni
Nov 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this started about a week ago when my sister installed a dell computer to our PC and i turned on the computer and the screen started to flash every 5 seconds and the programs on the screen would disappe aswell at the bar at the bottom then it'll come back this would go on ever second. its veryy annoying because its hard to consentrate and whenever i open up a document and the screen flashes it will close the document so i don't really know what do please help

oops i meant to say she installed the dell printer..not the computer
  2. NFSFAN

NFSFAN TS Rookie Posts: 340

I am not sure, but it may be a bug or a problem. Try using CCleaner and fix the registry.
  3. mscott00

mscott00 TS Rookie Posts: 74

I would uninstall the printer and its drivers to see if thats whats causing the problem..
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

is it a USB connected printer? Can you use a standard printer cable instead? Try that. Your USB may be drawing too much power.
  5. hileni

hileni TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i uninstalled the printer and its hardware but the problem is still going on...so i have no idea wat to i'll try to clean it up maybe it'll go back to normal...can i buy the ccleaner at staples?
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

crap cleaner is free. Download it off the net.
    also do spyware and anti-virus check.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.