Problem at Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I turn my comp on it will reboot 3-5 times before stabilizing. At first I thought it was a heating issue, cleaned and temps check fine. Secondly I suspected the psu, but voltage reads ok, and everything seems to be in working order. No known viruses or spyware...

Win XP Pro SP1+
AMD Athlon-XP Barton 3200/400 @ 2.2GHz
512MB DDR-400
MSI K7N2 Delta-L
Allied 500W PSU
GForce 5700 Ultra 128
Aspire XDreamerII ATX

The only visible indication of a residual problem after the system finally boots is the temp display on the front of the case. The lcd is flashing after this occurs. Occasionally it will boot fine, but mostly this problem does occur. My final guess is that it might be a short behind the power button. Since the temp display, the reset button, and the power button are all wired together it might explain it. Something like a simulated manual reboot...

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Problem seems to have corrected itself.... Mysterious no? Possibly a static electricity issue, the weather was very dry when the problem occurred. I was experiencing static shock all over my house at the time. Over the last several days, the tempature has risen even had a warm rain. No more static. I expect the tempature to turn cold and dry again this week. Will have to wait and see. Can anyone verify that this might be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back