Problem caused by Device Driver-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrt3811

Hello everyone,
My pc keeps involuntarily rebooting. when I send MS an error log I get a reply message saying "Problem caused by Device Driver". I've been getting this for ages now. Ive reformatted but I must keep re-installing whichever driver is causing the trouble. Im running windows XP SP2 and Ive got a BFG Tech GeForce 7800GS video card. ive updated the drivers atleast 6 times and im still getting this error message. I'm pulling my hair out! any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much
Bob

ok, I disabled the auto reboot feature and I got the BSOD. The error read IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and then the next message read
STOP: 0x0000000A (0XC001CFB4, 0X000000002, 0X00000000, 0X804EBBFE)
I've been reading other similar posts but I haven't figured it out yet. Any thought or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much

Bob

I have been having the same issue. I use the Windows Debugging Tools and it always tells me that the bad driver is a Microsoft driver, but not which driver it is. Usually something to do with the NT or NTFS drivers. It has been a pain in the **** and I still haven't found a fix. Download the tools and learn how to use them, there is a link here somewhere that explains how. you will get a better idea of what the problem is.

minidumps

ok,

here are a few recent minidumps. I should also note that I reformatted my HD about 6 months ago and Ive been getting these error messages both before and after and Ive installed 2 different video cards and the erors occurred with both cards installed. ugh, im pulling my hair out!

thanks

Bob

One of the dumps has crashed with Bugcheck 1A, which is usually related to a RAM problem. If you have two sticks of RAM, take out one and see if it still crashes. If it does then run the other stick by itself.

BugCheck 1A, {41284, ce42001, 233b, c0503000}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiLocateWsle+c0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back