Problem finding HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden

Hi,
as am still in training at the moment! would you be kind as to help with this am getting very confused! I thought if you have a laptop that take a IDE hard drive the HD will work with any laptop? that not the case? I got a TIME A520-K7 that am trying to find a compitable HD, it has about 44 hole for pins with not blank space like most have,and every time I put a ide HD the laptop go dead and the light still are on! just wanted to know how do I know what HD to buy when I get a laptop with no manual? also how would I know how mush GB the laptop is able to take? one more qustion, I got a Hi Grade laptop and when I recived it it was working fine, then i turn it on this morning and it refused to come on it seems the battery needed to be charge up! as it seem to work with battery but it not working when i put the power adapter on, do i need to test the motherboard? if so which bit do I need to test? do I need to use a Meter? I know it a lot of qustions and I can understand if you can not answer all my qustions.

suggest yoiu start with better hardware specs. And no need worry, wie'll let a piece of software do the analysis then report

Try Everest Home Edition to get the specs.
Download from here and run it
- Click Reports->Report Wizard
- Get a Summary report in plain text

Attach the two .txt files back here

IDE hdd have 40 pins. Is this hdd new? Or does it have an operating system on it that you are trying boot from? Is it a 2nd drive to add storage to your laptop?

As for your dead battery/power supply. Could be a faulty battery, or power supply, or connector to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back