problem installing DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO.. I have a CD-rom and a DVD burner so I got another DVD burner and I put it where my old DVD burner was, and put my old DVD burner where my CD-rom was.. so after I did that I turned on my PC and it just Light on the little llight but won't come on and started to beep... then I canged all back to normal again... BUT it does the same, it doesnt stop beeping and the screen and keyboard won't come on.. can someone help me please....

Are you trying to hook the new DVD burner onto the same IDE cable as the older one? I would suggest checking to jumper settings and make sure that one is master and one is slave and that the IDE cable is plugged in accordingly. I think the last slot on the cable goes into the master.
what happens if you just leave the CD ROM in? try putting each one in individually and seeing if it still chokes. I guess if the new DVD doesn't work on its own than it probably is just a bad unit. good luck

The keyboard and monitor sounds familiar to something that happened to me. It sounds like your graphics card might be loose, or broken. Check it, because you might have knocked it when you were moving cables/burners. If it's not that, I have no idea. Good luck with it.

finally I got it fix. it was the MASTER and SLAVE i had it wrong, I was going crazy olololol damn.. thanks a lot guys for ur replys... THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back