Problem installing Microsoft VM on windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been trying to install the microsoft vm on a windows 2000 machine. When i try to run the installation exe msjavax86.exe, it gives an error saying - it cannot update the virtual machine because it is a protected system component.

However, when i run jview from the command prompt it says 'unrecognized command name' which means there is no installed version of the virtual machine.

This is a windows 2000 sp4 machine with IE 6 sp 1.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Sandhya

Yes, it is required for a java applet we developed using the ms java libraries..

so the sun java version is not sufficient...

Any ideas what could be causing this error

Have you tried it as a windoze-update from M$ website?
Your copy might not be the latest version.

I have uninstalled VM (= MS Java) from all my PCs, and instead put on Sun Java2 R1.5.
I have not had any java-problem whatsoever.
You should modify YOUR applet so that it works with other/all Java versions, instead of relying on crappy M$.

Yes.. I've tried applying all the latest updates. The error is in the installation of the MS jvm itself.. I've tried versions 3805, 3809, 3810.

All give the same error : The Microsoft virtual machine you are attempting to install is a protected system component and can only be updated with a later release of the operating system or service pack.

Any ideas ??

Thanks for your help,
Sandhya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back