Problem installing windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

srai

i am facing difficulties in installing windows.....i receive the following error message after minutes of booting from CD.

An unexpected error (234842816) occured at line 1773 in
d:\nt\base\boot\setup\arr.disp.c

anyone please give me a solution or atleast inform me of the cause..or fault in the system.
THANKS

Usually a Ram related fault (ie faulty Ram cards)
If you have two try reseating them, or removing one, then try Setup again

Otherwise try Memtest bootable disc on it

This can be any of a number of hardware errors... the most common is a simple lack of hard drive setup with some versions of Windows such as recovery or restore sets. you get around this by using the hard drive manufacturer's hard drive setup found on their web site.
The error in line 1773 is an indicator that the hard drive is "empty" meaning not formatted or incorrectly formatted.
But I have seen this error pop up if one of your memory modules is bad. Since you only need 384 mb of memory to install windows, you can remove each module one at a time until you get to a configuration Windows likes.
The problem can also be a defective optical drive read error, or even a scratched or dirty windows install disks. Use a cleaner such as windex, followed by clean water, followed by denatured alcohol or 90% rubbing alcohol.
Other errors can be a bad case fan (saw this one just today), bad cpu fan, or power supply emitting spurious static-like interferrence.

thanks

thanks techspot and thanks guys... atleast i got much of what's going. i'll check again with RAMs, CPU fan, CD drive.......and will let you know about the outcome.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back