Problem installing windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night i decided to reformat my computer so i put the window disk in and it went through the normal blue screen setup and such. I have 2 harddrives and i partitioned the drive i wanted to put windows on. ( i made its size as big as the harddrive is.[like 149GB]) before the files for windows were put on using the blue screen it formated the drive in NTFS format, then it installed the setup components with the blue screen and restarted after that. when it restarted it went back to the blue screen set up so i took the Window CD out and restarted.

After it restarts i get the error message that says:

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

I have tried doing all of this over and over and i just cant get it to work. Let me know what i need to do. Thanks in advance!

After it installs the setup files, it should restart by itself. When it restarts this message should appear, "Press any key to boot from CD." Don't press any key. Don't do anything at this point. Setup will then continue. Of course, you should have the Windows CD still in the CD drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back