Problem installing WinXp....Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, really need your helps.

This is what I have
ASUS P5GD2,
Intel P4-550 3.4GHz LGA775,
KingMax (2 x 128MB) DDR II ,
Maxtor 80GB S-ATA,
XFX GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3

I built this system about 3 months ago. Everything worked fine. Until recently, while I was playing WoW, the game crashed very often. Then I decided to uninstall and install it again, but it froze every time I installed the game. So, I ran a hard disk check disk, It stopped at the last step around 15% competition. I repeated this process for 3 times and same thing happened. So, I reformatted the hard disk and installed a fresh new winXp pro. Things started to get really weird. During the installation process, it restarted itself in the middle of the installation. And at the finalize state, a blue screen came out saying "the system detects error, and it has to shut down to avoid damage to the system…(something like that)" Then I bought a brand new hard disk, same thing happened. I asked my friend, he said it maybe power supply or ram. I am using a $40 power supply. I tried switching the ram, nothing worked. I really appreciate with someone can give me some directions. Thanks

Any idea how hot that CPU was running , Those Prescott's run very hot .I would check Heatsink/connection to the CPU and temperatures.

I have a feeling your in the wrong forum , an Administrator will probably move this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back