Problem Installing Xp on Single S-ATA I've been through all the forums please HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm using and a7n8x-e mobo, and an wd 80g s-ata drive,
when selecting my boot order I do not have the option to have SATA enabled in BIOS.
Is this because it's the factory bios, version 4.2.47?
it's recognized in the raid set up but i'm trying to instal xp on the single drive.
so when I tried to install Win XP after hitting f6 and installing the raid driver it cant find the hard disk.
do i need an updated version of the drivers?

Hi there

Hi

You need to go and look for a setting in your BIOS where you can change the SATA setting to look for the drive as a RAID device or a IDE device.I had the same prob. with the installer that cant find the SATA drive ,as soon as you select it to IDE then you dont even have to hit F6 when the installation starts. It should just pick up the drive . Godd luck :)

Ants

You should indeed change RAID to IDE for onboard SATA.

Also, you should remove any devices from the primary IDE PATA controller (regular HDD IDE interface) so that the SATA controller can become primary IDE controller.

This was what I had to do on my motherboard to get the SATA drives to boot an OS. Once I had done this, it worked fine.

I was just having the same issue here. I'll check those settings out on my machine as well. Thanks in advance guys.

Phantasm66 said:
This was what I had to do on my motherboard to get the SATA drives to boot an OS. Once I had done this, it worked fine.

Actually, I found that even before doing this, I could in fact boot from the SATA drives, by changing the boot order in the BIOS. There was an option for SATA, I think, that worked. I don't recall if XP liked it or not, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back