Problem launching installed programs in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I've been battling this problem for the last few months and I just decided to give up in the middle. I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS SOLVED NOW because I can't access a lot of programs I used regularly like iTunes and Indesign.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the error message I get whenever I try to launch iTunes. I'm also attaching a copy of the text document that is sent to Windows during error reporting.

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• itunes issue.JPG
    itunes issue.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 7
Start, run and type sfc /scannow may help. Make sure your windows cd is handy first tho.

Hi,

Two fixes that have worked for some people -

1.Go to Apple download and download the Quicktime player without itunes then install that.See HERE
(Make sure your faulty itunes is still installed before installing the new player)

or

2 .Uninstall iTunes, Quicktime and any other iPod software that may require Quicktime.

Search your Local Disk Drive for files containing the word "quicktime".
When it finds all the hundreds of files, go through and delete all the old temp/backup/permitted files.

Go to Apple download and download the iTunes and Quicktime combined download.

Install iTunes/Quicktime combined pack.

Po`Girl said:
Hi,

Two fixes that have worked for some people -

1.Go to Apple download and download the Quicktime player without itunes then install that.See HERE
(Make sure your faulty itunes is still installed before installing the new player)

or

2 .Uninstall iTunes, Quicktime and any other iPod software that may require Quicktime.

Search your Local Disk Drive for files containing the word "quicktime".
When it finds all the hundreds of files, go through and delete all the old temp/backup/permitted files.

Go to Apple download and download the iTunes and Quicktime combined download.

Install iTunes/Quicktime combined pack.

Thanks for the reply, Po! :) I've already tried the second option and it didn't work. I guess I'll try the first one too since I really have nothing to lose. Will post what happens later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back