Problem not able to detect Secondary Drive Asus P4S800Sis MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks ,
I am soo frazzled by this mess and hope someone here is kind enough to lend me a hand and resolve my issue.

Here's the story

My "old" computer that I put together many moons ago started having problems ...would not boot up at all....classic message no Hard disks found.

I started hearing this clunking sound when starting up....so I thought Sh** my primary HD has gone south on me, but it finally got into windows (xp) and I saved as much as I could then tried to reboot....but never again would it boot up. So I got on e-bay and found a good deal on a used HD same type Western Digital 7200. It came in the mail today. I pulled my Primary disk out and put in the new one ...but never detected it. So used just my primary drive (No secondary drive) and pulled the pin jumper as it is Master w/o secondary disk.....Boots right into windows NOOOO problem in fact I'm using it now. But no matter what I do I can't get it to boot up with a secondary drive attached, by that I mean changing the jumper setting pins.
Even if I attached the second HD (new or old HD) to the line with the CD Rom as a secondary drive, it will not boot up.
I don't get this at all, I mean even if the drive is bare with no formatting on it I still should be able to get into windows and then format the damn thing however I want shouldn't I?

Thanks for any help provided.

My info on my Bios
BIOS Type: Award BIOS Date: May 7th 2003
BIOS ID: 05/07/2003-SiS648/SiS963/W697-P4S800
BIOS OEM: ASUS P4S800 ACPI BIOS Revision 1003 - ASUS P4S800 ACPI BIOS Revision 1003
Chipset: SiS 648 rev 80 SuperIO: Winbond 697HF rev 2 at port 002E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back